1 pound of Ham, diced
1 large head of Cauliflower
1 large Onion, diced
8 ounces Mushrooms, diced
1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Tablespoon Brown Rice Flour
1 ½ cups Vegetable Stock
1 Tablespoon Garlic Salt
1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
1 Tablespoon Paprika
¼ teaspoon pepper
Pinch of salt
Large sauté pan
9X13” Casserole Dish
1. Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Break down a large head of cauliflower into bite size florets. Put the florets into a large bowl and set aside.
3. Combine garlic salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and pepper into a small bowl and set aside.
4. Heat a sauté pan and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil on medium heat. Add mushrooms and a pinch of salt into the pan and cook until the mushrooms have released their liquid and the pan is dry.
5. Add the diced onion to the pan and cook until translucent.
6. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan and allow it to melt.
7. Add 1 tablespoon of brown rice flour to the mushrooms, onions, and butter and stir to coat the vegetables in butter and flour.
8. Add the vegetable stock and whisk the ingredients until it forms a gravy-like texture. In order for the sauce to thicken, it will need to reach a simmer.
9. Add the bowl of seasonings to the pan and whisk the seasonings into the sauce.
10. Take the sauce off the heat and pour it over the cauliflower. Add the ham to the cauliflower and sauce and stir well until all the ingredients are well coated in sauce.
11. Pour the entire contents of the bowl into the 9X13 inch baking dish and place it into the oven for 20-30 minutes.
12. Remove the casserole from the oven when the cauliflower is fork tender. Top with vegan Parmesan and enjoy!