Meal Plans for Colorful Starchy Vegetables
by Dr. Weiner
Goal: Remove processed carbohydrates and grains from your diet.
- Replace your desire for potatoes and breads by eating colorful starchy vegetables (CSV) like beets, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, squash, and yams.
- Instead of eating French fries, choose sweet potato fries.
- Instead of eating mashed potatoes, choose sweet potato mash.
- Replace rice with cauliflower rice.
- Replace wheat and grain pasta with bean-only pastas like those from Explore Cuisine, Tolerant, and Explore Asian.
- Make baked goods from scratch using nut flours instead of grain flours.
Equipment: Kitchen Gadgets that will assist your transition.
- Food processor
- Coffee Grinder
- Bread Maker
- Roasting Pan or baking sheets