Goal: Remove dairy from your life, completely (including whey), except plain yogurt only.
- Replace dairy cheese with vegan cheese.
Make your own vegan cheeses. They are easy to make and considerably less expensive than store-bought.
- Replace dairy milk with unsweetened non-dairy milk. Cashew milk is closest to the flavor of dairy milk but other nut milks and hemp milk are delicious too. Soy milk is also acceptable but needs to be kept at a minimum since too much soy can inhibit thyroid function. Coconut milk is also acceptable but not recommended because of the high fat content.
- Become familiar with nutritional yeast. It has a cheesy flavor and is often the basic flavor used in vegan cheeses.
- Replace your dairy ice cream with cashew or soy ice cream or banana nice cream.
- Use plain yogurt in place of sour cream as a condiment.
- Tofu can be a great alternative to dairy cheeses like ricotta and cottage.
- Use nut-based protein powders like PB2 instead of whey.
Equipment: Kitchen Gadgets that will assist your transition.
- Food processor
- High powered blender
3 thoughts on “Meal Plans for Dairy Alternatives”
Where can I find the recipe for cauliflower bread?
We don’t have a recipe for cauliflower bread, and this is the first that I’m hearing of it. If you find something, let us know.
I think Erin is referring to a mention of cauliflower bread on the tzatziki sauce recipe on this page: http://courses.poundofcureweightloss.com/courses/recipes-and-meal-plans/lessons/snacks-and-appetizers/topic/dairy-free-tzatziki/