Goal: Eliminate Added Sugar and Artificial Sweeteners and Eat Lots of Fruit
- Tame cravings for sugar by increasing your daily intake of whole fresh fruit. Unlimited servings allowed.
- Replace syrups with fresh fruit reductions.
Drink fruit and vegetable smoothies. Do not add protein powders unless they are nut based like PB2.
- Replace processed or dough/batter-type desserts with fruit desserts like baked fruit and nice creams (a banana-based substitute for ice cream).
- Keep fresh, clean fruit on hand at all times. If it’s quick and easy, you’re more likely to choose it.
Make a huge fresh fruit salad and portion it out into to-go containers so that you can easily pack it in a lunch or grab a snack.
- Replace sweet breakfast food like pancakes with banana pancakes.
Replace sugary coffee routines with tea. Tea has more caffeine per cup than coffee and doesn’t carry the ritual of sweetened creamers. Black coffee drinkers don’t need to worry about this strategy since black coffee doesn’t contain sugar or creamers.
- Replace store bought or oil based salad dressings with vinegar reductions or nut-based dressings. Balsamic vinegar reduction is great on meats, salads, vegetables, and desserts.
Equipment: Kitchen Gadgets that will assist your transition.
- High-powered blender like Vitamix, Ninja, Oster Versa, or Nutribullet
- Food processor
- Ice cream maker